Reykjanes Volcano Ultra 2022 will take place on the weekend of July 2-3, 2022. Distances from 10 km up to 100 miles (over 160 km) on fun running routes on Reykjanes Peninsula. The race is held in collaboration with Grindavík town.
Registration for the 50 km, 100 km and 100 miles races distance will receive a 50% discount on the registration fee if registered before 24:00 on the April 15th (maximum 25 persons get the discount).
Distances 10 km, 30 km, 50 km, 100 km and 160 km (100 miles). All distances except 10 km pass the new volcano and in addition the longest three distances cross between continents, i.e. across the rift that divides America and Europe.
You can see all the running routes at the bottom of this page (the 100-mile route soon enters the map but is mostly a reverse 100 km circle).
- 10 km running route (elevation 116 m) - Running route suitable for everyone and a really cool route on fun paths, past Gálgaklettar and up to Þorbjörn and back to Grindavík.
"Crazy run and a wonderfully varied running route" Ketill Helgason, winner of 10 km 2021.
- 30 km running route (elevation 447 m) - A fun running route up to Langahrygg with a view of the eruption and back with a stop at Þorbjörn with a magnificent view of the Blue Lagoon and Reykjanes.
- 50 km running route (elevation 532 m) - A fun way up to the eruption (and also between continents) and back with a stop at Þorbjörn with a magnificent view of the Blue Lagoon and Reykjanes.
- 100 km running route (elevation gain 820 m) - Magnificent route with eruptions, incredible ever-changing landscapes and between continents.
- 160 km (100 miles) running route - Go the opposite way against the 100 km runners and add two fun loops and therefore the same experience as in the 100 km circle as well as all the towns of Reykjanes and a fun route around Kleifarvatn.
All distances are trails that go around in a circle and nutrition stations will be in place, encouragement on the trail, refreshments and good facilities at the end. The race gives also UTMB / ITRA points.
Time of the race
The start and end of all the races will be outside the restaurant Salthúsið in Grindavík.
- The 160 km race starts around noon on Saturday 2nd of July
- The 10 km, 30 km, 50 km and 100 km races all start at 23:00 on Saturday night, July 2nd
Registration and participation fee
Registration for the race is here on hlaup.is, see top of this page. Registration ends here on hlaup.is at 20:00 on Thursday 30th of June.
A 50% discount for runners who register before 24:00 on the 15th of April in 50 km, 100 km and 100 miles distances.
- 160 km - 29,900 ISK.
- 100 km - 24,900 ISK.
- 50 km - 19,900 ISK.
- 30 km - 9,900 ISK.
- 10 km - 4,900 ISK.
Registration for Reykjanes Volcano Ultra is not expensive compared to other ultra running events in Iceland and abroad. With a 50% discount, this is a unique offer that will not be extended, but only the first 25 runners who register for each distance will receive this offer.
More information on the Facebook page of the event.
The aim is for the event to be more successful, better and more fun every year. The year 2022 aims to have great fun and more will be added later, but the year 2022 promises to be good. In addition to being able to register at an exceptionally good price, all participants can win great raffle prizes. Take the day off and run with us on Reykjanes Peninsula.
"Well-organized run, crazy running route that came as a pleasant surprise as ever-changing running routes and unforgettable to run at night in the summer light, past the eruption, incredibly beautiful valleys and falls on Reykjanes, plains, lava and endless fun and so much fun to come in hidden pearls which I had no idea about. 100% recommend this ".
Andrea Kjartansdóttir, winner of women in 100 km 2021.